With the world becoming a global village, we all have become addicted to our mobile phones and electronic gadgets. Endeavor to spend a day without them? Well, it will be horrifying for all of us. The principal thing we all do first in the morning these days is check our phones and before we go to our bed we check our phones. In any case, do you know that these gadgets emanate harmful high energy-visible blue light which has potential harmful ocular effects yet additionally is likewise fatal for your body? Impacts of blue light have become the matter of concern for many doctors. Our sun is comprised of blue light and six other lights. Blue light has the highest energy, shortest wavelength and has the potential to spread rapidly. Children being fragile creatures have the greatest risk of being harmed by the blue light. They absorb more blue light than adults. Let me made it clear to you, it is the fact that we can’t survive without these electronic contraptions but what we can do is that minimize the negative effects of blue light by taking some measures.
SOURCES OF BLUE LIGHT
- Sun is the primary source of blue lights.
- LED screens.
- Blue fluorescent light.
- Computers and tablets.
NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF BLUE LIGHT
- RETINAL DAMAGE: Blue light can damage your retinal cells and in turn accelerating age-related macular degeneration. Longer exposure to the blue lightmischief specific membranes of your eyes.
- DIGITAL EYE STRAIN: Absorbing light by staring at your computers and smartphones for an extended period can lead to eye strain. Ever wondered why you start blinking in the wake of staring at your computer screen for too long? The reason behind is staring at the blue light for a long time. Dryness and soreness in the eyes are also the outcomes of gazing at the blue light for a longer period.
- VISION SYNDROME AND CATARACT: Soreness and dryness of the eyes lead to vision syndromes. Blue light is also UV-B light which advances cataracts in human eyes.
Worried? Do you know with all the negative aspects of blue light; it has some intense advantages? Let us have a look.
BENEFITS OF BLUE LIGHT
- It elevates your bad mood.
- It boosts alertness and promptness in the human body.
- It enhances memory and cognitive functions.
- It regulates human sleep and wake cycles.
- Amazingly blue light therapy is used these days for treating the concussion.
- It makes you more alert and more conscious.
Keep that in mind that long introduction to blue light can disturb your sleep and wake cycle and promote day tiredness also.
HOW TO MINIMIZE THE HARMFUL EFFECTS OF BLUE LIGHT
- BLUE LIGHT FILTERING GLASSES: Using filtering glasses frames can decrease the radiation and harmful effects of blue light you can these Eyeglasses frames and online eyewear from EYEWEB.
- BLINKING: After every 10 minutes of your staring at your computer screen or your smartphones, look away from them and blink your eyes for a few seconds. It helps your eyes to take little rest and reduces strain.
- ANTI REFLECTIVE LENSES: Anti-reflective lenses help to block blue light from digital devices. Make sure you wear them while working at the computer.
- USE DIM LIGHTS: Instead of using bright blue or white light in your homes. Try a stab at using dim yellow lights.
Always give your eyes a reprieve. Don't stare at anything for too long. Spend time outdoors and less time on your computers. Don't forget to visit your doctor monthly.