When a person is trying to focus on objects which are very close to the person, for instance, perusing a daily newspaper, the muscles inside your eyes contract to focus on the words. But when you become of older age the muscles stiffen and you can't focus on nearby objects clearly and this worse condition is called presbyopia. In simplest terms, presbyopia can be characterized as a visual disorder which occurs with age which results in an inability to focus clearly on adjacent objects. Interestingly, nobody can be spared from presbyopia. Regardless you haven’t been a victim of any vision problem in your entire life, you will encounter presbyopia when you wind up older. It approximately starts from the mid-40s and can reach its worst stage until the age of 65. In the Greek lexicon, the word “presbyopia” is often alluded to as “old eye.” Farsightedness is likewise considered as the condition which is quite similar to presbyopia. Females suffer from presbyopia more than males. Eating an unhealthy diet additionally prompt presbyopia. You don’t have to worry; it’s a natural marvel and we will be presenting solutions for that. First, let us look into the symptoms of presbyopia.
SYMPTOMS OF PRESBYOPIA
- A migraine while reading or concentrating on close objects.
- Extreme difficulty while reading words which are in smaller form.
- Eye squinting.
- Holding material you are reading at arm’s distance to focus clearly.
- Eye strain.
- Require brighter lighting to focus on the objects.
- Fatigue while focusing on nearer objects.
There is variability in the degree of intensity of presbyopia across people. Some suffer from extreme presbyopia and some suffer from mellow presbyopia, however, nobody is saved from it. If anyone suffers from presbyopia before the age of 40 then it is premature presbyopia. Premature presbyopia occurs due to some cardiovascular diseases or as a result of diabetes. If a person has suffered from multiple sclerosis and vascular problems in the past then he might become prone to presbyopia at an early age. Intake of certain drugs and medications also lead to premature presbyopia, for example, anti-depressants, alcohol, anti-anxiety drugs, diuretics, etc.
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF PRESBYOPIA
Eye screening is a valuable measure for identifying that either you are diagnosed from presbyopia or not. As you reach the age of 40, you should consult your doctor regarding presbyopia. There is no permanent cure for presbyopia, yet you can improve your vision by following methods.
- WEARING GLASSES FRAMES: The safes strategy to improve your vision is by wearing glasses frames. Prescription eyewear has special lenses which enable the patient to focus and see properly. The upper portion of the prescription eyewear lenses aids the patients to focus distant objects while the lower portion of the prescription eyewear assists to focus near objects.
- PRESCRIPTION LENSES: If you don’t like to wear glasses frames, you could easily wear prescription lenses. Multifocal contact lenses, monovision contact lenses are available for treating presbyopia. For buying these special eyewear visit EYEWEB.
- SURGERY: Conductive keratoplasty. LASIK, Presby LASIK, refractive lens exchange are the surgeries accessible worldwide to improve your vision. You should comprehensive eye exam before opting for surgery.
If you don’t wear prescription eyewear or Eyeglasses frames there are chances that you might loose up your visual ability. Myopia, farsightedness, and hyperopia may occur with presbyopia if you don’t handle presbyopia correctly. Control your diabetes, wear sunglasses and get a regular eye exam. Early treatment can prevent presbyopia from winding up worse.